Friday, October 8, 2010

Halloween Paper Wreath

Ok Ladies.........by far this is my most favorite thing that I have created this week....yes, its the only thing that I created this week, but good golly..... I love it!!  I finally made one.  And let me just tell you, last night when I finished it and I was talking picture so that I could post it and all my pictures where HORRIBLE!   I went to bed and I was so bummed that I had to wait until I got home from work to post it.  So I turned on tinker bell threw the girls in front of the TV gave them some cookies and milk and here I am.  So lets get to it already...... I'm dying to show you.

Here are my supplies, foam wreath, (left over from Eastons Birthday wreath) a book from the dollar store, a scallop punch and of course DIET COKE.
 Basically all that you do is punch out a ton of scallop circles from the book and then hot glue them to your base.  I used a maker to fold the paper over and then glued it to the base

once my wreath was all done, i thought it was kinda small.  I took the frame that I have had forever from Ikea, that everyone has and just glued some paper on the insert of the frame.  well actually my wonderful hubby did this part, I could not get the paper straight and it was really bugging him.

 
 it still needed something..... so I made a "spooky" little banner. I made paper lollies stamp the letters on different paper and then attached those with some toole to the lollies.  I attached the lollies together with a needle and thread.





 
 added some more "spookyness"
 
 
  and WA-LA!!  here it is.........................

I hope you love it as much as I do.
THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!


Linking to:
 

13 comments:

  1. This is so cute and creative! I have that frame too! I've seen it everywhere painted every color but I still love it! I had a mirror cut to fit mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first, i love that you included your diet coke in your supplies (a girl after my own heart).

    your wreath turned out so cute and you've given us all (ikea shoppers) something to do with those cute ornate frames. i love it!

    thanks so much for sharing with all of us!

    jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. L O V E this idea! Into my inspiration folder:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One question! Why is your diet coke a can and not fointain!!! The shame :-). Aside from that your wreath knocks my socks off! I love it as usual!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project! I have a frame like that and was trying to find something to do with it. i love your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I'm your newest follower!

    Melissa
    http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning and very vintage looking! Love it!

    Visiting from Under The Table and Dreaming link party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amber I'll be featuring this today! Your wreath looks fantastic. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to The Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE your wreath!!!! AWESOME!

    Hugs!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful - I really love it!

    Submit it in my Handmade Halloween Contest starting October 15th.

    Susan,
    http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
    Party and Entertaining Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this and must steal it for my party this weekend!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where can I find a frame like you have? I want to make a Christmnas wreath and paint the frame red(ish). Will someone email me and let me know? just4fun2be(at)yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete